We need your help!
We started a petition for 85 Broad Road. There are proposals at the council to demolish the house that is there at present and to build 13 bed apartments* with 9 parking spaces*. We’re objecting to this on the following grounds:
1. The destruction of an aesthetically pleasing house to build 13 apartments* will not enhance the area
2. The site is not large enough to accommodate sufficient parking for 13 apartments* and their visitors
3. This development would cause more congestion to an area that is already problematic in rush hour times.
4. The site is in a peaceful area with family houses nearby; a 13 bed apartment* would not suit the profile of the area
5. Family accommodation is needed in
6. 13 apartments will not complement the surrounding amenities, such as a school, as these apartments will not be suitable for families
7. We wish to preserve houses, particularly those over 100 years old
So far, there are petitions at:
Hugalls Chemists, Sale Moor
Petrol station, Sale Moor
PLEASE could you go to one of these shops and sign the petition?
There are also leaflets outlining how to object to the proposals are in the Sandwich Box, Café Moorish and Claire Haggerty Optometrist.
Thanks in advance
THS Campaign Team
* PLEASE NOTE:
Please note, it is in fact a block of 14 single and two bed apartments with 7 car parking spaces plus two disabled spaces. The developer lists it as 13 apartments (plus one) and 9 parking spaces, presumably to make it look less daunting.